If you want to create a website then you must have heard of the word “Wordpress”. WordPress is the highly used content management system. If you do the little research on how to create a website then you will definitely find a guide which shows you how to make a site using wordpress platform.
WordPress is easy to use and free software. WordPress is developed in PHP and uses MySQL database. There are many benefits of using wordpress platform. Here are the list of some of the features of wordpress.
Features of WordPress
1) WordPress is free to use. You don’t need technical knowledge to use it.
2) You can manage complete wordpress website using admin interface. WordPress admin interface is user friendly.
3) There are thousands of plugins available for wordpress. You can use any plugin to customize your website. You can enhance the features of the website using different plugins.
4) There are also thousands of themes available for wordpress website. You can change the look and feel of the website using theme. Select the theme according your work requirement. You can select different theme for making blog, ecommerce website, simple static website etc….
5) WordPress is mobile friendly. All themes and plugins are also mobile friendly. So you can read the website in mobile devices also.
6) WordPress is an open source platform. So you can edit it to make it the way you like it.
There are even more benefits of using wordpress, these are just few.
Install WordPress at DreamHost
At DreamHost, you can install many open source platforms using one-click installs feature. Follow these guidelines to install wordpress on DreamHost.
1) First login to DreamHost panel using username and password.
2) Click on Goodies, then click on One-Click Installs link.
3) Now you will see a list of available open source application which you can install at DreamHost. Click on WordPress icon.
4) Select the domain where you want to install wordpress.
5) You can also enter the sub directory name if you want to install it under sub directory.
6) Click on Install it for me now! button.
That’s it. Now wordpress is installed on your website. Start exploring the wordpress admin interface.